I billed something like 59 hours this week.
That's billed. God knows how many hours I actually worked.
This was a hell-week, and finally Friday arrived, and I was able to get back to the shop, drop off my truck, and punch off the clock. Opened up the corporate timesheet program and started knob-dicking in my hours.
(Knob-dicking? Never heard that before? For some reason that was the term we used in the field artillery to describe typing entries into the battery fire control computer system. Knob-dicking. I have no idea.)
As you can imagine, I had a LOT of knob-dicking. Took me probably half an hour to knock all my time into the timesheet application. I was on my last line or two when...
The fucker locked up on me.
Now I'm a total devotee of the "save early/save often" school of computing. But it was late, I was in a hurry, so I didn't.
Yep. The fucker ate my fucking timesheet.
So - punctuated with a LOT of creative profanity - I re-created the vanished timesheet, and as I did for some reason I took breaks thinking about some of the bad cartoons I watched as a kid.
I was a kid in the Sixties and early Seventies, so there was a lot to go to, there. Underdog. Speed Racer. Whacky Races.
Not that there wasn't some classic comedy; you had Rocky and Bullwinkle, the old Bugs Bunny cartoons (though I had to get to adulthood before I got to see some of the really out-there stuff like Bugs Bunny Nips the Nips...).But it got me thinking; it's kinda sad, how much useless information I know about those old Sixties and early Seventies cartoons.
And what's the use, if I don't put it to some use?
So here's your Friday Bad Cartoon Trivia Bomb.
No fair using Google unless you're REALLY stumped.
1. When Underdog says "the secret compartment of my ring I fill..." what's he got in there?
2. What sort of container does Henry Cabot Henhouse III drink his Super Sauce out of?
3. Why does Speed Racer wear a "G" on his shirt?
4. In the anime series imported to the U.S. as "Star Blazers", the spaceship "Argo" was originally the...
5. What kind of animal did George of the Jungle think his elephant pal was? (Bonus point - what was his pal's name?)
6. What was Jonny Quest's dad's first name?
7. What was the name of the explosive compound that Bullwinkle hid inside a banana? Why was it so awesome?
8. What was the actual title of the original cartoon that has recently been remade as "Mister Peabody and Sherman"?
9. Speaking of Mister Peabody, what did he call his time machine, and why?
10. What was the name of the character that Dick Dastardly and Muttley of "Whacky Races" were always chasing in the show they were later spun-off in? (Bonus point - what was the name of the spin off?)
I've almost got that goddamn timesheet fixed.