Tuesday, March 17, 2020

Friday Jukebox: A Song About Death

Since we've been all "Plague Year"...here's Say My Name from the Broadway production of "Beetlejuice".

Missy has developed a taste for the musical theater through her middle school drama program and - to Mojo's absolute horror - has reawakened my affection for the art form.

And, hey...what could be more appropriate for a Friday Jukebox in The Plague Year than a demon from hell selling a suicidal teen on the idea of haunting her own father with the end of becoming an earthly power through taking possession of the human victims?

Plus, fuck; it's a really catchy song (which, if you enjoy, go find "No Reason"; that's a REAL hoot...)

Anyway, this is my first Friday Jukebox in a while. I gotta think of some more tunes I enjoy for the next.

No comments: