Wednesday, April 01, 2020

Click. Click. Click.

Here's the thing.

I have to go outside to work. It's not optional, it's inherent in the job.
Sometimes that's fine; yesterday I worked alone and didn't come within a dozen yards of anyone.

But mostly it involves others; drillers, contractors, random people. Any of whom could be asymptomatic carriers.

So. Every day, every person I meet, is like...is this it? Is this the person who is the carrier? Is this where I begin to get sick? And how sick? Am I the lucky one who gets a low fever and a headache and that's it? Or..?

It's a little...well, weird. Like a low-grade sort of Russian roulette, only with pathogens and people instead of a revolver.

So if I seem a little testy when I read people saying that we need to just suck it up and get this disease to save the economy? Yeah, well, spin the chamber, fuckstick. Put the muzzle to your temple. Take up the slack on the trigger.

Nice and easy.
How'ya doin' now..?.

No comments: