Monday, December 19, 2022

Light Housekeeping

Quick note: I've had to do a bit of cleaning up the sidebar where I've put up links to what I'm reading or sites I want to push up. I removed several links.

That's always a bit saddening, because it means that I've lost some friends from my digital life.

One of the saddest was having to remove The Hidden Thimble.


I've followed Talyssa and Siree's blog for years, as long as I've posted their blog up on the right side of my page. I've enjoyed the hell out of their adventures both for the adventures themselves and for the way the two of them shine through the words and pictures on their blog like good deeds in a weary world.

But their last post was over a year ago. 

The site has drifted, untended, since then. I'm afraid my friends have moved on in the way people on the internet do. I hope that means they've moved on to other happy, adventurous places. I hope they're well, and enjoying their lives.

But I'll never know. And that's a trifle hard. As much as you can "like" someone you've never met IRL, I liked the Thimblers a lot.

Another loss is Maia's The Voyagers


(Here's what I remind the reader that Graphic Firing Table's privacy policy is that we don't show anyone's face outside family - and The Girl has made clear that it's not okay to show her face, either, so that's no longer a thing - so if someone is mentioned in a photo it's only from the knees down. Cats? They're attention whores, so they don't count...)

Not Maia herself - she's still busy and creating beautiful things over at Feather and Stone - but her account of her voyage through her and her amazing child's lives.

That's been dark since 2019, and I have to conclude that she, like so many other friends, has moved on from blogging. She joins the rest of the crew that was linked by our adoptions, like Carrie (formerly of walternatives) and India (formerly of The Atomic Ranch) who are nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la; not gone, merely marching far away.

I still need to do some more work here. The US Army Field Artillery site isn't linking anymore, and the TechDirt links to some sort of gibberish.

The happier news is that I have some new places to link to, but that's a matter for another post.

No comments: