Sunday, November 13, 2011

False Coin

I read this article and could only come up with one thought: Who the hell thought that it was a good idea to put this womanin the U.S. Army?

Look, I've served with some outstanding female soldiers. Outstanding. I'm not one of these guys who thinks that you have to have external genitalia to kill stuff for your country. But this crap is insulting to every good woman troop who ever shouldered a ruck, pulled guard, or busted her knuckles.

But I'm not sure what this article is doing outside giving this woman a place to whine (some more - sounds like all she did during her hitch WAS whine...)whilst convincing the civilian reader that the entire notion of women in uniform is a bad idea.

The writer makes it sound like she made some sort of courageous choice in defying the Bad Evil Army that wanted her to flush the offspring and drive on with her mission...instead of becoming a substandard troop, screwing around whilst downrange with some worthless d-bag, and then sniveling off to her chain-of-command with a baby in her belly to get her early-out, throwing her load on some other poor bastard who wasn't lucky enough to be a clueless minge-bag.

And wants to use Salon to get to be all righteous about it.
"The world as I knew it had come crashing down and I had struggled to make what I felt was a responsible decision. But I chose motherhood over the mission and in this guy’s world, I had made the wrong choice. Therefore, I was no longer worthy of respect. I met the old man’s contemptuous gaze with defiance. He signed my papers, and I left."
Not a moment too soon, honey.

And somewhere there's a recruiter who slipped this moron the king's shilling and used her to make his mission then walked away whistling while she wasted the taxpayer's money and her fellow soldier's patience.

There is NO justice in the world. None.

6 comments:

Pluto said...

Do you have any thoughts on the Occupy Portland movement that haven't hit the national scene?

FDChief said...

Good notion; nothing brilliant but our Occupy camp was just rolled up, and I did have some thoughts on that.

Lisa said...

Totally with you on this one, Chief.

rangeragainstwar said...

Chief,
We will pay for this social experiment IF we ever get in a real war.
This female soldier thing is not the same as desegregation or the repeal of DADT.
i'll never believe otherwise.
jim

FDChief said...

Lisa: then I am legion.

jim: Depends on how it's done. Right now I'm not impressed; the overall standards are lowered so that a pantsload of women don't end up getting early-outed like this idiot wench. But having been on the trail at Benning and seeing how many substandard MEN get pencil-whipped I'd say we're damn lucky we're NOT likely to get into a "real war" anytime soon. The line units are getting some pretty damn poor materials, and it has a lot more to do with "making mission" than producing good troops.

But there's nothing in either human nature or human anatomy - or my military experience - that convinces me that a woman, the right woman, can't soldier. And, frankly, in a democracy soldering is part of the price of citizenship. I'm not saying that I want to see the gals and the guys under crossed rifles together. But I don't see a reason that if a woman is hard enough to want to stop a bullet that she can't just because she sits down to piss.

The real question is why are we raising our daughters to be like this fucking idiot woman? If little Missy was this goddam worthless I'd...I don't know what I'd do, but I'd be one unhappy camper.

Labrys said...

This shit did NOT fly when I was in the Army. My son tells me that the Army began kid-gloving pregnant women; and yeah, in certain environments, mayhap that doesn't fuck the mission...so be it. But where it DOES fuck the mission?

No. And some more no. Holy shit, when did giving birth ...in a world with seven BILLION people....become the be all and end all? Any idiot can get knocked up and most can even give birth.