Tuesday, January 31, 2023

Living in RonaLand

I'm in my second week of the Stations of the COVID.

Week one was pretty miserable until the Paxlovid kicked in, and tolerable - more or less just a bad flu - through the weekend. Yesterday - about four or five days after the last Paxlovid dose - the head congestion got worse. This suggests I'm moving into the "Paxlovid rebound" I've read about.

Frankly, if the symptoms get no worse? I'm fine. It's irritating (for some reason decongestants seem to have no effect on this damn bug) but no more than that.

Other than that I've been faintly...amused is too gentle a word for it; I think "scornful" is closer...at the ridiculous antics of my supposed "fellow Americans" who've been sucking on the FAUX News crack pipe.

First, what the actual fuck is this:


Is this some sort of fucked-up Narnia cosplay? Tubby as Emperor complete with lion wingman and some sort of UH-60 pimp-my-ride? Who could actually think of this tangerine-colored crook like this?

Whatever.

Beyond the usual idiocy, though, it's telling that all the news out of MAGAtLand is about various culture war stuff, but what the hell else do these gomers have to sell their C.H.U.D.s? 

"Tax Cuts for Rich Fucks - Now In Your Face!" "Our Insurance Company Bureaucrat Will Totally Fuck Your Medical Care For Good Profit Reasons, Not Woke Shit Like A Government Bureaucrat Would!" "We Promise - Your Grandpa CAN Eat Nutritious Cat Food...and Like It!"

Take away the grade-school-homo-bullying and Bible-banging and what else do the sonsofbitches have, anyway..? I just wish they'd fuck off and do it somewhere that nice people don't have to see it. Like writing and masturbation.

Speaking of lions, though...here's our own domestic predator:

See the bald spot?

That's where the little goof got his flea treatment. It's NOT supposed to do that. Why he got a bald spot there I have no idea, but it might be stress, because he's on a diet and he haaaates it. He woke me as usual the other day:

Cat: Food!
Me: Keep yer fur on. I’m coming.
C: Food!!!
M: Jesus wept. Okay. Here.
C: Nomnomnom
M: (making coffee)
C: Outside!
M: Ooookay, chief. But be advised - it’s fecking cold out there.
C: Outside!!!
M: (opens door)
C:
M: Gah! Hurry up! It’s freezing-ass cold!
C:
M: Well? Don’t just stand there!
C: Feh. It’s freezing-ass cold. Not going.
M: No, duh? Okay, Imma get coffee.
C: Umm…there wouldn’t happen to be a smackerel more cat food just lying about, would there..?
M: Not for your chonky ass, no.
C:
M:
C: What a hellhole this place has become. Okay. Fine. If anyone calls I’m doing some important butt-licking and can’t be disturbed. Just take a message.
 
Well, that's about all I got for now. Time to go lie down and blow my nose for the gajillionth time. Ugh.

 



1 comment:

Brian Train said...

Very sorry to hear you're still sick; rest and take care.

But Jumpin' Jiminy Christmas, where the hell did you find that image!
I zoom in a little bit and see not only is the lion wearing the Stars and Stripes as a sort of blanket or cape (and you're right, I bet there is an Aslan reference in there, as well as the Mussolini references... remember the "Lion Guard" that was supposed to be the new Brownshirts for Trump rallies?), but also he is wearing some kind of imaginary military dress-up uniform coat... with made-up decorations, lots of buttons and a sort of sword frog thing.
A lot to unpack there, as they say.