Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Maybe Christmas, he thought, DID come from a store...

So the morning was full of the most delightful greed; of the Kiddos for their prezzies and the parents for the the delight the Kiddos got from their prezzies.

The morning actually started before dawn; I had to get up to take more cold medicine (for a particularly nasty head cold that has been bugging me since last week...) and woke the Girl, who came out to dance an antic hay because Santa had arrived.

After the medicine began to kick in, though, we both went back to sleep for a couple of hours, until the late-waking half of our family arose and we could get down to the hard graft of piling into the loot.

As you can see, even the Little Cat waded in with frantic dreams of treasure.
New fry pans - sweet! Score.
Perhaps the most bizarre present we have ever received. WTF? I mean, I know that Oregon wine is supposed to be a big deal...but we don't really drink much wine and even if we did, the "extra work" of using a manual corkscrew? NOT a real issue...

So...ummmm...gee, thanks, guys. In this case it really IS the thought that counted.
Here's the Girl with one of the little stuffed friends she received as presents - in this case, Jordan/"Cammie" the Camel. Hard to tell which one is cuter.
Mojo is a delicious Holiday Treat; oooh, yes...
Nice little family picture, neh? UNwrapping prezzies is certainly more fun the wrapping the damn things.
The Girl and her mom jumping into a cutthroat game of "Go Fish"...
...whilst the Boy fired up his new XBOX360 and began to slay digital aliens, since, after all, nothing says "Peace on Earth Goodwill Towards Men" like an MA5B Individual Combat Weapons System.
Hope you and yours enjoyed a peaceful and pleasant Christmas Day...

6 comments:

Leon said...

We did our presents last night, German style, that's because that's how we Chinese people roll. I don't fully understand it.

Anonymous said...

Haha this post made me laugh! Cute and funny. Glad you and your family had a lovely and joyous Christmas!
And...an electric...wine...opener...could come in handy..some...day..? haha

FDChief said...

The kiddos kept pushing for opening presents on Xmas Eve, Leon, but that was pure greed talking.

And the wine opener is the most useless and bizarre thing I have ever seen, Talyssa. I love that our friends thought of us, but I just can't imagine what the hell we will do with it. It's too light for a doorstop and too thick for a bookmark...

Leon said...

Hey my uncle has a mechanical wine opener and it's pretty effective. I bet they'd appreciate an electric one so appreciate it you mook!

Funnily enough we've always opened gifts on Christmas Eve but I don't ever remembering being at the kids request. More the parents were excited to exchange gifts.

FDChief said...

Thing is, Leon, we drink maybe two bottles of wine a YEAR. We just don't like wine enough to finish a bottle between the two of us and we don't entertain enough to justify drinking more than that.

And, while I admire the goofy sort of engineering that went into this device, how fucking hard is it to use a fucking corkscrew? I mean, what's next, an electric zipper?

Like I said - to me this is just bizarre, like a mink-lined revolver holster. Sure, you CAN do it...but WHY?

Lisa said...

I hope you are feeling better, Chief.