Monday, August 21, 2006

Tagback

I wanted to take a break from grief and politics (like there's a difference..?) So Millicent over at Different Dirt shouted out a tag for this little poll, and I thought, what could possibly be more interesting, more fascinating, more compelling than MEEEEEEEE. So here goes.

4 jobs I've had: (ooh, good one)
1. Groom in a hunt club barn. Got stepped on by a scrubby jumper and nearly bit by a nasty pony owned by someone called "Ishni DuPont".
2. Jiffy Lube "downstairs guy" - oily and slick.
3. Drill Sergeant. Just say these words real carefully: "Who else masturbated last night because today is linen turn-in day?"
4. Lifeguard. Every girl's summer dream (cough, cough) and we'd appreciate it if you'd pee in the men's room, not in the pool, Mister Kraukenhuber...

4 movies I could watch over and over:
My mojolicious one could tell you that it's pretty much ANY movie, but...
1. The Horse Soldiers. - John Ford storytelling at his best
2. This is Spinal Tap. We've got armadillos in our pants...
3. The Lady Eve. Stanwyck, Fonda, snakes on a boat. Need I say more?
4. The MST3K version of "Red Rocket Attack" preceded by "Mr. B. Natural". OhmifuckingGod. I think I wet myself.

4 places I've lived:
1. Portland, Oregon. I just realized that I have now lived here longer than anywhere else in my life - 16 years this month...
2. the Headquarters Company barracks, Fort Kobbe, Panama. Now the residence of 223 Panamanians and a troupe of green-fronted macaws...
3. Wilmington, Delaware. Twice. I saw Greg LeMond ride up Monkey Hill during the Tour de Trump in 1989. Live. In person.
4. Honolulu Terrace, Whittier, California. My birthplace. Me and Tricky Dick are homeboyz.

4 TV shows I watch:
1. Stargate SG-1.
2. MXC. Oooh, that's gotta hurt.
3. Futbol de liga Mexicana on Univision. Muy circa!!
4. ...unnh...would you believe I don't watch anything regularly? At least not since Buffy went off the air (and the last season pretty much sucked pipe, so it didn't count)

4 places I've gon on vacation:
1. Hawaii. Apapanes and I'iwis and O'maos, oh my!
2. London - honeymoon...saw the Roman wall and St. Paul's crypt - that was cool.
3. Arizona. 48 life birds in ten days. Red-faced warblers kick ass.
4. Acadia Nat'l Park. mmm...

4 websites I visit daily:
...and it can ONLY be four, hunh? Damn.
1. Juan Cole's "Informed Comment"
2. The Rude Pundit
3. Steve Gilliard's News Blog
4. Clueless in Carolina

4 fave foods:
1. Pad Thai (especially as done by Lemongrass..!)
2. Feojiada - Brazil's special "fuck you" to vegetarians everywhere
3. Yam Yam's barbequed ribs with a side of collards and candied yams.
4. Steamed lobster with drawn butter, corn-on-the-cob and fresh garden greens. Can you believe my in-laws live in Massachusetts but don't eat lobster? Psycho!

4 places you'd like to be right now:
1. Hiking the rainforest in Hakalau National Forest
2. On a beach on Sanibel Island, Florida
3. Sharing breakfast at the John Street Cafe with our friends
4. Snuggling with Mojo in our nice warm bed - so that's where I'm going..!

Ta...

No comments: