Tuesday, August 29, 2006

August referrals? Hmmmm...

Well, I've had some time to reflect, and especially to check out the good information posted over at Research-China.Org. I wasn't aware that Hunan had been out of the loop at the time the August referrals were published, or that the CCAA has publicly stated that they intend to keep the wait time to under 18 months. I mean, that sucks, it's still like gestating a tapir, but it beats hell out of the 2 1/2 years we were looking at if the "one week per month" rate for August is going to be the norm.

I'm still chapped that the process is managed to as to appear so random to those of us on the outside. A simple statment to the effect that "We have had an unusually low number of adoptive children in the system for August and don't anticipate that this will continue" on the horrible but official CCAA website could have made this a lot less painful for a lot of families hoping for news of their child-to-be.

When I remember the terrible week in 2002 when we lost our daughter Bryn Rose, I realize that as bad as this wait can be, it's just that - bad. It's not a tragedy. It's not the End of The World.

Been there. Done that.

So. Back to waiting.

- sigh -

1 comment:

Mrs Pushy said...

Hi- I just wanted to drop a line and let you know how much I am enjoying your blog. I got your link from our AltDTC group, and have just spent some significant time rivited to the computer screen reading about the Middle East. Thank you for summing all this BS into an understandable, and oft humorous, forum. Please keep up the wonderful writing- I will be checking in often!

Carrie