Friday, March 13, 2009

Exit from Eden

Ahhh...

What a nice, long trip it's been. Sunny, warm, plush accomodations, visits with good friends, the beauty of the desert, and the mountains. All together, it's been a hell of a good vacation.

But we're starting to find that we're thinking of home and family; we spent a good half hour talking to the kids and their nanny yesterday, and talked of them today all the way down to San Xavier del Bac. I think we're starting to get ready to return to our daily lives.

No word from my boss in response to my call today about Monday's schedule, though, so I hope I still have a job to come back to! But we'll jump off that bridge when we come to it.

Tomorrow is an early birding morning for me, followed by dim sum and then a trip up to Mt. Lemmon to look out over the Tucson Basin; all the thrones and dominions of the kingdoms of the world and the glory thereof.

And a Starbucks or three.

3 comments:

Red Sand said...

Mmmmm. Starbucks. Can you tell I'm a small-town girl pining for the big city? My first purchase anytime I hit the mainland...

Lisa said...

I hope you may yet spool out your pleasure a bit longer, enjoying good conversation at your coffee shop or simply the secret yet delectable pleasure of people watching. They do rival birds in their variations, IMHO.

atomic mama said...

Happy trails, enjoy your last day, and have a slice of pie up there for us! We had a FAB time hanging with y'all, and know that y'all are welcome to come over and play anytime... ;-) ha HA!!