Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Housekeeping and a shoutout

I guess I just don't swear enough. The only thing that kept me from Bambi-like levels of cleanliness was a couple of f-bombs and a single "shit". Motherfuckers.

And I'd like to do more than just give her a sideways reference in a long post: this shoutout is to my friend M and her DH W. - they're both good people, and what's even cooler is that M is a Great Woman and a fiercely uncompromising feminist. She's one of the few people I know who doesn't just talk the talk - she lives her convictions every single day. She can be harder than Krupp steel but loves honestly and truly. I wish I could spend more time with her, but one of the ugly truths about parenting that we keep from those not yet initiated (you'll find out...let's just say it involves latex paint, feathers and a baked goat head...bwahaha..!) is that you lose hold of your single/childless friends. You don't want to but you do. I miss her, and want to use this public forum to send a big Valentine to her and hers. Here's to her, who's like her, damn few, and they're all dead.
Oh, yeah? You don't know what you're missing, little Christopath Boy...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, that's so nice to get a shoutout. It's true that the childless and the child-raising have a natural barrier betwixt them. (i.e. you're busy, and we're just damn lazy) That's why we don't have any kids, because we're slothful, frankly.