Friday, July 13, 2007

The Old Lie

I really didn't want to do a political post today: just ducked in quickly for lunch and reading my blogs jumped into this discussion over on Intel Dump.

Worth reading for the analysis of what a lying, skeevy POS our current "Chief of State" is, but what really made me rage at the innocent screen was the thought that more of my Army brothers and sisters will die or be maimed because this slimy patrician scumbag needs to keep his "legacy" intact. If there is a Hell, I can only hope that he will be reserved the hottest lava pool, there to be tortured by sadistic demons who laugh at his pitifully inadequate "legacy". It got me thinking of the last truly pointless, seemingly endless war that dragged on despite the horror and loathing of those on all sides. Hence the below:

Republican Base Details

(apologies to Siegfried Sasson)

If I were Bush, and short of mental breadth,
I’d aim my scarlet Kagans at the Base,
And speed glum heroes into the "surge" to death.
You’d see me with my smug patrician face,
Petulant and smirking at the AEI,
Reading the Roll of Honour. ‘As the decider,’
I’d say—‘I must be steadfast, fear not that others die;
Yes, and Dick says we can't lose to Al Qaeda.’
And as the fight goes on and on, and youth stone dead,
I’d toddle safely home and dream of war in bed.

No comments: