Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Hey, kids, Jesus loves you. No, I mean really, really...LOVES...you.

I'm not sure if the makers of this bit of religious kitch are sly or just really, really innocent.

h/t to Slacktivist for his explanation of how this sort of thing fits into the life of a certain type of Christian fundamentalist.

The type that comes to mind when I see stuff like this is the "Jesus wants you to come sit on my lap and wriggle around a bit, little girl..." type.

Excuse me, but I need to go wash my hands now.

Gaaah.

7 comments:

walternatives said...

Oh My God.

FDChief said...

As Mae West would have said: "Goodness has nothing to do with it..."

Anonymous said...

A Jesus light-switch...oh dear G-d....

/facepalm

http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x259/alastair_hm/facepalmbq8dj7.jpg

Anonymous said...

here is the rest of that link that tags on right after the _hm

/facepalmbq8dj7.jpg

Lisa said...

This is simply brilliant. I'm reminded of the old GE jingle: He "brings good things to light," but it feels more like, "Would you like to come up and see my sketches. . ."

Beeb said...

Oh dear

Anonymous said...

I guess the hymn was literally true...