Sunday, September 30, 2007

Sleep

It's late Sunday night, and Mojo and the Peep and Shaomei are upstairs watching "The Curse of the Were-Rabbit" and trying out the new swing we're going to try and get Shaomei to sleep in tonight. We called the doctor, who thinks she may well have an ear infection. We're taking her in tomorrow to get her checked out. Big thanks to Kelli of Waiting for Sprout for her congee: it was a firestorm of little people success. Even her daemon lover th Peep thought it was terrific!

I'm going to go and help with the younger set, and hopefully get some sleep tonight. Tomorrow I want to start the new month with the story of the little girl from the big city, the child who came home from Guangzhou with us, and how our family came to be.

Until then - goodnight.

6 comments:

wzgirl said...

Sweet dreams. XO

Kelli said...

Glad the congee was a success...good luck getting a little well deserved shut-eye. Looking forward to meeting miss Shao Mei (who is GORGEOUS by the way!!!) when you are all settled in & ready for visitors.

walternatives said...

I'm hopeful that everyone slept well last night, and that today's appointment offers relief to sweet Shaomei. with love to y'all...

Anonymous said...

Just catching up on all this...so very sorry for the heartache and hellish hours in GZ, for you and Mojo and Peeper. And my heart breaks for little Yun Yun.

I look forward to hearing about Shao Mei and her new life in Portland with you guys...

Peace to you.

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry to hear how much you all have had to go through in the past two weeks. But I'm glad you're back and settling in with Shaomei. I hope to see her sweet face in person someday soon! In the meantime, please let me know if I can be useful to you ... and if you need any clothes or supplies for the new dearie!

atomic mama said...

Yay for Kelli and her congee delivery. Too cool. Hoping today's visit with the doc went well, and wishing you a quiet week of cocooning...