Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Semicool Things in North Portland: Dinner at The Fishwife

North Portland Night Out: Mojo enjoyed Mommy's night off with a pampering at Trixie's Beauty Bar and some retail therapy while the children and I enjoyed a meal at North Portland's own "Fishwife".Not bad: think your neighborhood mom-and-pop place, a kind of Fifties relict, funky Kennedy-era decor, lots of locals out for a regular midweek night. The food was actually pretty decent, for a change, and Daddy did NOT get teabagged. And there was ice cream after.

Win.

Plus the lovely Mojo came home with a smokin' hot new nightie. Yowza! Hopefully some evening real soon we'll both be awake enough to smoke-test it.

Makes you wonder how those couples with fifteen kids manage to...aw, never mind.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

The restaurant's name reminds me of the "Newhaven Fishwife":

"Look kind on me, I'm sure you ought,
I dinna feel just richt, sirs;

"I'm rather bashfu', 'tis my faut,
My first attempt the nicht, sirs"

. . . and what is your favorite ice cream flavor? (This tells so much!)