Wednesday, June 20, 2012

RCTID

More video, I'm afraid; this time from out local soccer supporters' organization, the Timbers Army.
I had forgotten about this little short. And I'm not ashamed to admit to finding it again and tearing up a little while watching it. Passion is an odd thing, and it wells up in places where it shouldn't and in ways that are often dark and deep. And the doings of human beings in mass are chancy and often frightful.

But I find something wonderfully silly and yet ridiculously powerful about this foolish love of a sport, and a team, and a place we all share. And I hope this little video gives you some idea of why I feel that way.

Rose City 'til I die, Rose City 'til I die!
I know I am, I'm sure I am!
Rose City 'til I die!

1 comment:

Leon said...

Ah Chief, I know all about passion, I cheer for the Toronto Maple Leafs. I know passion, heartbreak, disappointment, depression, suicidal thoughts, anger, rage, hopelessness... did I mention depression?