Friday, August 08, 2014

Friday Jukebox II: Lord Help the Poor Man Edition

Ha! Found it! Big shout-out to somebody called "Floor Braun", who posted a copy of the wonderful Karen Alexander song "Brown Shoes" to YouTube:



I hope you enjoy it; I loved her light pop style combined with the sly intelligence of her lyrics:

"When I was just a little bitty girl, I had a little bitty god,
made a velvet temple with a silver lightning rod
in momma's costume jewelry, I danced before the muse
I whispered prayers and ecstacy right into his ears
I was a high flyin' temple dancer, those long scarves of chiffon
oh, Lord help the poor man that I love more than that god.

Oh, Lord help the poor man, because I know I'm gonna sing the blues
Oh, Lord help the poor man that I love more than those shoes."

And, hey - it's STILL hot outside. Stay in the shade, y'hear?

No comments: