Thursday, December 25, 2008

Holly Jolly.

Well, the last scraps of the turkey-and- are put away, the tree lights are off for the first time since 6am. Two very excited little peeps are in bed dreaming of who knows what...the "one-child-one-major-toy" policy Mojo and I tried to impress on the relatives was shot to hell before 7:15. The Peeper has every single battery in the house shoved into one whirring, spinning toy or another. Missy spend the day chanting "Want brown kitty!" which is the carved wooden cat treasure box her auntie gave her that contained the totally inappropriate pierced fricking earrings (what, do we LOOK that white-trashy..?) and racing from one arts-and-crafts gift to another crafting her vision of "bunny!" (black crayon scribble), "mommy!" (black marker scribble) and "kitty!" (for a change, black pen scribble).

I'm whipped, Mojo and the grands are alredy asleep. We're ALL ready for the snow to melt so we can move freely about Portland. I live in hope.

And I also hope that you had a happy, warm and loving day with your friends and family all around you. Special love and hugs to little Torrie and Odie and their new mom and dad on their first Christmas together - may their be many more.

I'm for bed. May tomorrow find you well and looking forward to the new year.

6 comments:

walternatives said...

Thanks for the warm wishes, friend. I'm hoping that you'll have warm days and thus liberation from the snow pronto.

As soon as Torin and Odin are used to their new names, we want them to be called Torin and Odin. And only Torin and Odin, please. Ahem.

Lisa said...

Wishing you and the fire base peace, health and happiness.

Lisa said...

p.s.--Santa did not bring me that dashing male dancer you promised (?) Ah, but the New Year awaits. . .

FDChief said...

W: I wasn't sure whether you wanted me to use real names on my open (i.e. non-password-protected) blog, and I was too bombed to come up with clever ("Mjolnir", "Fafnir") pseudonyms.

But your reply makes me wonder: no "pet" or short names, ever? Ever ever?

Just curious.

FDChief said...

Lisa: Thank you, and I live in hope that FedEx will deposit a strappingly muscular lad on your doorstep wrapped in a big red bow.

And nothing else.

Lisa said...

[Big smile, as she drifts into a pleasant reverie at the very thought.]